Food                      Fabric                    Paper                    Holidays                    Decorating                   Giving                     

Friday, February 12, 2010

Pink Candy Tutorial

I make pink candy every year for Valentine's Day. There are a million different ways to make it but I'll share how I do it.
Pink Candy
You'll need:
About 8 candy canes
1 bag of white chocolate chips or white baking bar
Instructions:
Unwrap the candy canes, break into thirds, and place inside a freezer zip bag or two regular zip bags.
Using the side of a mallet or a rolling pin, crush the candy canes. You should still see some stripes.
Place white chocolate chips in a medium glass bowl. Melt in a double boiler or in the microwave for about 2 minutes at 50% power stirring every 30 seconds.
It's okay if it isn't completely melted. Just keep stirring.
Add your crushed candy canes and stir. Also, you can add a couple drops of red or pink coloring if you want your pink candy more pink.
Spread mixture out onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, silpat, or even a clean stone counter if your kitchen is cool.
Wait for it to cool. If your kitchen is warm, you may need to pop it into the fridge for a few minutes. Then, break it apart. The easiest way is to peel it off the sheet and then break it apart.
Now, pack it up and make it look cute. It's really yummy and addicting. I buy my candy canes after Christmas for really cheap and then use them up in February. Otherwise, you can use round peppermint candies.
Thanks for coming by my blog today. I'm still accepting donations for my Birthdays Project. Let me know if you can help.

5 comments:

Gina said...

This looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing such clear directions!
Gina

Tami Bayer said...

Such a fun festive treat bag. I love your birthday idea, too.

Hoosier Homemade said...

That looks yummy! Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

Anonymous said...

What a cool Valentine tutorial! I'm so glad you linked it up to Tip Junkie. I've bookmarked it to feature next year. My readers will LOVE it.

Kristi said...

Great idea! I always have a ton of leftover candy canes from the holidays!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails