Monday, March 31, 2008
I have been holding onto this super funky printed cardstock for a while now. I bought a bunch of these little bags at the thrift store the other day and trimmed one down to go on the card. The image is justjohanna Just For You Branch which I colored with a Marvey Marker and a Prismacolor pencil. I think it would be fun to slip a gift card or home-made coupon in the little bag.
Yesterday I had the opportunity to attend the 1st Annual Fiskateer Spring Fling. It was really fun to meet many talented crafters. My friend Tami was there and we both won prizes. I won the Fiskars Craft Drill. I got to play with it a little bit at my Fiskar Demonstrator Certification training a few weeks ago.
Our family has been working on our garden since Thursday. This is a picture of a little bit of our garden. You can see some of the typical plantings: corn, eggplant, herbs, etc. But, every morning, we wake up and someone has burrowed a hole in our garden. I know it's not a bunny because no plants were eaten. What is it? Rat? Mole? Anyone else have strange holes in their gardens? It's really giving me the creeps.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Friday, March 21, 2008
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Here are a couple fun cards shaped like Easter bonnets. I used Linda's template. I decorated the hats with justjohanna stamps: Happy Easter, Created By, Michelle's Little Scroll, Circle Dot Background, and Lacy Border plus a couple leaves cut off some ribbon and Anna Griffin paper on the bottom one and ribbon and a hat pin on the top one.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
This month each justjohanna Design Team Member was sent a little wooden bird cutout and asked to decorate it however we want. The birds will be displayed on a wall in the justjohanna Boutique.
- Bird: Painted white then heat embossed justjohanna Circle Dot Background in pink and added Me and My Big Ideas pink sparkles and clear sparkle for eye.
- Tail: justjohanna Limited Edition Kit fabric that I fanfolded and stapled.
- Scalloped frame: justjohanna Lacy Border stamped in pink onto paper from the justjohanna LE Kit.
- Background: Hot pink painted 5 x 5 canvas with justjohanna Michelle's Little Scroll heat embossed with Ranger Antique Vertigris.
- Hanger: lime green ric rack.
Check out Debbie's amazing bird project.
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Then, he got a little makeover with paint, Daisy D's paper and a new ribbon.
Then, I embellished a yellow towel with light blue rickrack, added some rubber duck goodies from Target and some Krispie Pops that I'm calling ducks now (close enough) and put it all in a basket.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
For now, here is a little pretty that I made after my whirlwind weekend. I used a vintage pastry pan, vintage sheet music, French ribbon, faux pearls, feathers and a sparkly black ribbon embellishment.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Also, check out the new releases page for lots of fun stuff. There are the kits that I mentioned earlier (BTW, I ordered the bright kit for myself) but also, there are new Easter treats. Fun little baskets full of justjohanna stamps at a special price. What a fun secret sister gift.
Friday, March 7, 2008
Thursday, March 6, 2008
As I mentioned in an earlier post, this is a big weekend for justjohanna. To celebrate, I'm offering blog candy. Here's what you have to do:
- Go the the justjohanna online store and look at all the new images.
- Pick your favorite (not including the 2 kits or the march deal).
- Guess my favorite.
If you guess my favorite correctly, I will enter you into a drawing to win your favorite and my favorite image. Yes, I will send you 2 newly released justjohanna stamps if your name is randomly drawn from the correct responses.
Good luck. You have until Monday morning 9 a.m. my time to leave your guesses on this post.
Sentiment: justjohanna, Patterned papers: Anna Griffin, Chipboard tree and flower: Disney Princess by Sandylion, Eyelet paper trim: Martha Stewart.
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
And, the most exciting part: This item is available in my new Etsy Shop- Grow Home.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
One of my favorite things about being a member of the justjohanna Design Team is getting the inside scoop. I have a few fun things to share with you:
- New images: the cow on the right is just one of the over 100 fun new images being released this week. I'm excited about the mushrooms and all the new baking images.
- Limited Edition Kits: Each kit includes white cardstock, pattern paper, vintage ribbon/fiber/trim, vintage ephemera, vintage clip art and a super cute 8.5x5.5 sheet of unmounted rubber stamps. justjohanna is offering two different versions of the kit this month. One version is already sold out.
- justjohanna Boutique: If you are in the San Diego area and would like to attend the grand opening this Saturday night, March 8th, then send me an email and I will get you some details. There will be a fun make and take, stamps for sale, and lots of Design Team samples to enjoy.