Food                      Fabric                    Paper                    Holidays                    Decorating                   Giving                     

Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkin Krispie Pops Tutorial

Krispie pops are a family tradition for us. We make them for birthdays and every holiday. Here's how I make the pumpkin version. At the end, I'll show you some other examples.

  • You will need: packaged Rice Krispie Treats
  • Melting chocolates
  • popsicle sticks
  • glass bowl
  • zip bag
  • metal spoon
  • scissors
  • cookie sheet covered with wax or parchment paper

Step 1: Unwrap pops and insert popsicle sticks.

Step 2: Melt base color chocolate according to directions on package. Spread onto Krispie top with the back of the spoon.

Step 3: Spoon accent color chocolate into zip back. Seal and cut tip of corner.

Step 4: Decorate by squeezing chocolate onto pop once the base color is cool.

Let cool and place laying down or stick into styrophome.

We make Santas, snowmen, presents, and gingerbread Men for Christmas. Devils, pumpkins, ghosts, pirates, Frankenstein, and Dracula for Halloween.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

20 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

These are way to cute! I love them! I can't buy Rice Crispy treats..I eat the whole box! YUMMY!

My Paper World said...

They look cute and yummy!

Sandra Evertson said...

Oh, my gosh, these look delicious! And so cute!
You are a very crafty girl! Love all the tutorials!
Sandra Evertson

Julie Prichard said...

DELICIOUS!!!

pescbrico said...

This look cool and yummy!

Kitty Forseth said...

Hello Heather!

How nice of you to drop into my blog! Thank you for your kind comments :).

I am SO making these Rice Crispy Treat-sickles with my kids!!! This would have been a blast at my pumpkin party, ah well, I will file it for next year!

Thanks for sharing!!

Robyn said...

That is sooooo cool!!! Wow! You are so talented. My kids would love this. You think I could do it???? It's not paper! I'll have to give it a shot!

Godelieve said...

How FUN!!

BarbK said...

Man, do they look yummy and easy! That's always good. TFS!

Kelly said...

Super cool treats thanks so much for sharing, off to the store.....LOL!

Jill said...

How fun and cute! Now my mouth is watering...

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

I love cheating! This will be great for Dyllan to help out!Thanks!

Thanks for the nice comment on 100th post! Please e-mail me your address so I can sen you a nice treat!
~Michelle
altered-art@hotmail.com

BarbK said...

Hey, Heather, pop on over to my blog. You've been nominated for the You Make Me Smile award.

http://barbscardcreations.blogspot.com/2007/10/im-embarrassed.html

Erin said...

These are adorable and look easy enough. I think I may try them with Stephen in a few months. (we are doing some sugar cookies this year and it's all I can manage today)

Alison Gibbs said...

These look fantastic. As I am from Australia i don't know what Rice Crispy treats are. can you describe what they are made of??
Alison

Debbie said...

WOWWWWEEEE! These are so cool. I LOVE Rice Krispie treats. This looks so easy even I could do it. Thanks, Heather!

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

yum!!! how cute!!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a fun tutorial.

WendyB said...

Those pirate are too cute.

Eleanor said...

These looks so yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails