Food                      Fabric                    Paper                    Holidays                    Decorating                   Giving                     

Saturday, May 7, 2011

I made a hat

 I loved seeing all the fabulous hat creations from the Royal Wedding. So, this week when I received the invitation to a Derby Party, I knew that I had to wear a cool hat. I really don't know where I would go to buy a hat so I chose to make one myself. I went with the "fascinator"style which, as described by wikipedia is, "a delicate, slightly-to-very frivolous head decoration worn almost exclusively by women."

 How I made my hat:
  1. Covered a headband with pink grograin ribbon.
  2. Rolled orange meshy fabric (it's stiffer than tulle and the holes are larger.)
  3. Sewed the orange fabric together
  4. Sewed the pink flower to the orange fabric
  5. Attached big green leaf to headband with florist tape
  6. Attached the orange fabric to headband with hot glue (and sewed a little just to be safe)
That's it!
It was fun seeing the other hats at the party. I might be a little obsessed with hats now. Or, shall I say, fascinators?

Thanks for stopping by the blog today. I'm still working on the pictures of our Royal Wedding Feast. 3 o'clock in the morning isn't the best time to take photos. LOL.

3 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

Omg, how cute are you! I'm with you on the hats :) it was a fun Derby!

Laura Evangeline said...

Haha! I love it!

Brigitte G. from Australia said...

Heyy beaudiful girl !! havent visited your blog for soooo long !!
now now... don'tyou look soooo gorrrgeous with this hat !! and love the colours too, very funky !!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails