Applying for a design team:
- Choose a company whose products you already enjoy. Some companies are stamp, tool, paper, or embellishment manufacturers. Others might be publications, stores, or kit groups.
- Follow the directions in the design team call. Some don't ask for any specific projects, they just want to see a sample of your work. Some companies ask for digital images, others want hard copies. Make the deadline!
- Be creative and use your own style.
Serving on a design team:
- Terms vary anywhere between 3 months to a year. Our justjohanna term is 6 months and after that, each of us need to reapply if we want to do another term.
- Before you apply, consider the amount of projects you will be asked to complete and how much time you have. It takes time to plan and create products, attend events, make trips to the post office, and promote the brand.
- There are perks to being on a DT. DT members usually get sneak peeks of upcoming products. Many get free products. Justjohanna DT members receive a starter kit with a ton of free stamps. Plus, each month we can earn more free stamps. But that's not why I joined. I love working with a really talented group of ladies and the challenge of each assignment.
I will be doing a few more segments for the Notes About series including: getting noticed, getting published and posting to galleries. If you have any questions or words of wisdom about any of these subjects, please leave a comment or email me.