Food                      Fabric                    Paper                    Holidays                    Decorating                   Giving                     

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Drive Home

I'm pretty blessed. I commute to and from work along a beautiful stretch of Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) in Huntington Beach, California. At the beginning of my commute is the more urban, downtown HB scene. Then, I get a beautiful, unobstructed view of the ocean. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to drive home at sunset. I have a little habit of taking pictures with my camera phone if I stop at a light. Here are some pics:

I actually took this one on my way to work. I'm sitting at the light at Main Street. Main Street has lots of fun shops and restaurants. It is closed a couple evenings a week for a street festival.
This is Duke's. It's a yummy restaurant at the base of the HB Pier. It sits right on the ocean side of PCH so the views are incredible.
I'm sitting in traffic in this one. I see all kinds of cars on PCH. I like the classic cars like in the picture below. Yesterday I drove home behind a Ferrari.
Even our cloudy days are beautiful. I ran barefoot on the beach into a pretty strong headwind yesterday. All part of the challenge.
HB is the host of many surfing competitions. The picture below shows the bleachers and tents being set up on the sand.
The Huntington Beach Pier is our most famous landmark. You can see it in the picture below.
And, here it is at sunset.
Just another beautiful sunset over the ocean. In the picture below you can see several people walking along our bike path. You can see Catalina Island on the left side of the picture and Palo Verdes Peninsula on the right. This is the view of The Cliffs or Dog Beach. It's mostly a local beach for surfers and dog lovers because it is one of the few beaches where dogs are allowed in Southern California.
I hope that you enjoyed a few views of my commute home. My favorite is when the brown pelicans soar above my car as I'm driving home at sunset. On the non-ocean side there are beautiful wetlands full of interesting birds. It's pretty cool.

Thanks for stopping by WGBODs today.

1 comment:

char52 said...

WOW! Lucky you to get to enjoy the beauty of Nature every day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails