Food                      Fabric                    Paper                    Holidays                    Decorating                   Giving                     

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Memories; Successes and some Eggceptions

Every Easter morning at the Grow house begins with a plastic egg hunt. My mum and I hide eggs for the niece to find. My mum is super tricky, I tell you, if you ever want something to "disappear," have my mum hide it for you. ;)




When I was a kid, an article came out in Friend Magazine about how to make Bunny Buns. My fam was totally on board with making bunny-shaped breads for Easter. This year, I recreated it for the fam. Note to self: don't start making bread at 8 o'clock at night. 
The egg hunt started out a little drizzly and then went to full rain. Not pictured:: the fam standing outside with coats and umbrellas but barefoot, searching for eggs. The niece is pictured proudly showing her new egg catching frog device.
 The young womens choir did a wonderful job. The Greek dinner was delicious. The strawberry pie mum made was fabulous. Now, the fails. I boiled a pot full of eggs but we never colored them. I tried to make rainbow jello-jiggler eggs but when I opened the mold, they all broke in half. :(  Oh, but one of the highlights of my day was finding the glasses I lost a month ago. Where were they? In my blue shoes of course.

I hope that you had a blessed Easter. Later this week I'll show some pics from the Cherry Tea Party that I co-hosted and a fun half-day trip the niece and I did a few weeks ago. Thanks for stopping hy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your Easter with us! You are way to cute ;) I have had that happen with my jello eggs too :( Woo hoo on the found glasses!

Happy Monday!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails