Food                      Fabric                    Paper                    Holidays                    Decorating                   Giving                     

Monday, July 16, 2007

Evidence of my addiction




I've been swapping cards and tags for about 3 years now. I started at Papercrafts Magazine and now I'm mostly at the Stamp Shack. I have a tough time parting with the cards and tags that I've accumulated over the years so I have a huge collection. The first picture is the 194 cards I've collected and the second picture shows the 140 tags and ATC's in my collection. I have used some and a month ago I gave away 40 cards to some missionaries so they could write home. Other than that, I keep them stored in my card drawer. Do you hoard your cards too? If yes, how do you store them? If not, how do you part with them?

4 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow, that is a lot of cards. How neat that you kept them all. Most of my swap cards are given to my sister, who is so spoiled with my cards, that all she ever wants to use are homemade ones now. I can't keep up with her need, so I'm forced to part with some of my cards. She doesn't get them all, just a select few at a time.

Swamp Tulip said...

WOW! I never would have thought to lay out my collection of hoarded cards and projects! It's a scary thought! I will be sorting through some of them soon and donating a good share of them to a military mom who will forward them to our soldiers in Iraq. Glad to see that I'm in good company with the hoarding!

Teresa

Sherri Thacker said...

WOW!! Look at all those cards!! I used to hoard all of mine and then one day I had as many as you and I said "what am I doing with all these cards?" and i started giving them away. ha ha

Trish D said...

Wow! Yes, I have a huge stash as well, but am getting better. I wetn through my stash and photographed those that I wanted to document (colors, layout, technique, etc) and then set aside those that I knew I would actually use. Those are now filed by category in photo boxes. I packaged up all the remaining cards and sent them off to a few ladies who were collecting them for the troops. Might as well give them to someone who will appreciate them! I've already donated over 400, and I just found another box (that had been stuff into the closet), so will be sending off even more soon...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails