Food                      Fabric                    Paper                    Holidays                    Decorating                   Giving                     

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It's Strawberry Season



It's true. The roadside stands that sell strawberries in town are open for business. Love it.

This is a simple card that I made using DCWV papers and justjohanna stamps. I love these papers because they are thick and sparkly. Here's the trick for paper piecing the strawberries: 1. stamp the strawberry pair on green patterned paper 2. stamp again onto red pp 3. cut out the entire strawberry outline on the green paper 4. cut out only the red berries and adhere them onto the green cut outs.

I cut out the strawberries separately so I could pop up the top strawberry. I used the justjohanna Happy Birthday sentiment but the images are pretty neutral for other occasions.

5 comments:

pescbrico said...

My husband would be happy to live near you and be able to eat some of those! :) Your card is great!

K Hutchinson said...

Cute card! You have me wanting strawberries! YUMMY!

Kathi said...

The berries look gorgeous. I'm so jealous that you can get roadside fresh ones.

Great card.

Jill said...

Adorable! I love strawberries--I'm so glad they are coming back into season!

My Paper World said...

That's just too cute! I LOVE strawberries!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails