Online galleries are a great place to find creative inspiration. It's also a great place to share your talent and make friends. I've been posting my projects in online galleries for years and I love leaving praise on my fellow crafters' posts. Here are some tips for good posting and some galleries that I know about. And, please feel free to leave a comment and ask questions or leave suggestions.
- Write a catchy title that describes your theme or technique that you used.
- If you are posting something with several pictures like an inside/outside view of a card, try to post in as few posts as possible. Some galleries allow you to post multiple pages.
- Post good pictures. If you scan pictures, crop out the extra stuff and make sure to rotate it so it's facing the right direction.
- Write a description of your project including supplies and techniques used.
- Give credit where credit is due. If you used a sketch or "borrowed" someone's idea, give them the credit and a link to their original post.
Some Online Stamping and Cardmaking Galleries:
- Splitcoast Stampers
- Two Peas In A Bucket
- The Stamp Shack
- Papercrafts Magazine
- Simple Scrapbooks
- Creating Keepsakes
- Scrapbooks, etc.
- Paper Wings
- Rubber Stamp Chat
Challenge Online Galleries:
I'd love your feedback on this subject. Please leave a comment if you know of other online galleries or if you have additional tips or questions. The next Notes About subject will be: Getting Noticed.